Friday, December 11, 2009

week 14 What's hot now!

Here is my selection for what teens want to read.

My Sister’s Keeper

Jodi Picoult

Thirteen-year-old Anna was conceived in order to save her older sister Kate who is struggling with cancer. Since birth, Anna has given Kate blood, bone marrow, her umbilical cord, but now it is her kidney that is being considered for donor. Anna hires her own lawyer, which brings more drama for the family.

I found this book in the high school library

I chose this book because Jodi Picoult is a popular author with teens.

Twilight

Stephanie Meyers

Bella Swan moves to Forks Washington to live with her dad. Forks is a small, gray rainy town that Bella finds might be a bit boring, but then she meets Edward a handsome mysterious classmate whom she finds turns her life upside down.

I found this book in the high school library

I chose this book because of it's popularity both written and on screen.

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment

James Patterson

Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, The Gasman, and Angel are six kids who have no home, no parents, no rules, but the do have the ability to fly. They have escaped from the lab where they were engineered and they are on the run, hoping to stay alive.

I found this book in the high school library

I chose this book because James Patterson is a popular author with teens, and of the six James Patterson novels on the shelf this one caught my eye. It looks like a good read, plus it was the one book most worn!

1 comment:

  1. Boy, you hit the nail on the head with these picks! They are hugely popular with my kids. 3

    ReplyDelete