Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Week 10 Romance Books

This week I took a look at YA books on love and relationships. Here are the three I chose to highlight.

Gossip Girl

Cecily Von Ziegesar

Gossip Girl takes a look at New York City’s elite teens that have it all!

I found this book in the High School Library

I chose this book due to its popularity and its risqué look at teens and sex.


Three Junes

Julia Glass

This book takes on the story of the McLeod Family during three separate Junes spanning over ten years.

I found this book in the High School Library

I chose this book because I wanted to include a book that speaks of homosexuality. I wanted to see what the high school library had on the subject and this was the only book.

New Moon

Stephenie Meyer

The saga continues as Bella struggles with losing her beloved Edward.

This is a personal book of mine.

I chose this book due to the high popularity amongst teens and due to the great love interest of Bella and Edward.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting choices, Mary. I have to admit that GOSSIP GIRL was a fun read for me. As was TWILIGHT. I haven't heard of THREE JUNES, despite that shiny seal on it! I am going to take a look. Grade - 3.

    ReplyDelete