Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week 9 Funny Books

Here are three funny books that I chose to present.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Author: Jeff Kinney

Summary: Greg Heffley experiences the complicated life of middle school from his search for popularity, to dealing with his nerdy friends and well-meaning parents.

Where I found the book: In the middle school library.

Why I chose it to be highlighted: I liked the actual set up the book, with the illustrations and journal written text. It is pleasurable to read and look at. Very engaging.

Dear Dumb Diary, Am I The Princess or The Frog?

Author: Jim Benton

Summary: Jamie Kelly shares her thoughts and feelings of middle school in her “dumb diary”.

Where I found the book: In the middle school library.

Why I chose it to be highlighted: Comical illustrations and text. The text flows nicely due to the diary type entries.

The Princess Diaries

Author: Meg Cabot

Summary: Mia Thermopolis life goes from average ninth grader to crown princess of Genovia.

Where I found the book: In the middle school library.

Why I chose it to be highlighted: I enjoy Meg Cabot as a writer. This book is entertaining and it highlights what everyone in middle and high school wants: to fit in.

1 comment:

  1. So you like reading diaries? Me too!! The only thing I like better than funny "diary" books are funny epistolary books! Nice choices. The middle one is new to me. I will have to check it out for my local middle schooler. 3

    ReplyDelete