Friday, November 27, 2009

Week 12 Scary Books

Here is my selection of scary books. You'll notice I tended to favorite short stories.

Dare to Be Scared

Robert D.San Souci

The book consists of thirteen scary original tales that focus on ghosts, the supernatural, science fiction and fantasy.

I found this book at the local middle school

I chose this book because I liked how it gave a variety of short stories for students to encounter.

Raven’s Gate: Book One Of The Gatekeeper

Anthony Horowitz

Matt a 14 year-old orphan is associated with a crime, for his punishment he must live with an old woman in a deserted town where strange and dangerous things happen.

I found this book at the local middle school

This book caught my attention not only to be a great thriller but also written by a well-known best selling author.

Restless Dead: Ten Original Stories Of The Supernatural.

Deborah Noyes: Editor

This book features a great collection of horror and thriller short stories from a variety of well-known thriller authors.

I found this book at the local high school

Again I enjoyed the short story collection. This book seems to have it all from vampires to ghosts that it would fit every reader’s scary delight!



1 comment:

  1. Nice picks, Mary. I like how you include short stories! They are great for teachers as well as students and even read-alouds. 3

    ReplyDelete